Thursday, March 18, 2010

Listening to:
Yeasayer, Odd Blood
DSC_0004

Although I don't generally condone it, I happened to wander in to Wal-Mart in Niagara Falls last week and could not resist this juicy orangey-salmon colored lace bra... just perfect for peeking out from under cami's like this silk peacock-feather print racerback one I appropriated from my best friend Julia. (Yes Julia, you will get it back... in due time. Mwahahaha!)



The fitted brown velvet blazer is a huge score from Am-Vets on Elmwood Ave, as well as that buttery brown leather satchel that was still wearing it's original tag purporting it to be made in Spain.

DSC_0001

The skirt was bought on a whim at (of all places!) Dots. The wide elastic belt is from a gigantic pile of lovely clothes I was endowed by the wonderful Kate P. I knitted the hat myself. The royal blue nail polish is Julia's from Avon. The picture does them no justice but the boots are from Liz Claiborne and they are so super special.


The black plastic bead necklace and the thick silver chain as well as the salmon colored paisley silk scarf were all thrifted. All in all this ended up being a great outfit for an unexpected mid-afternoon coffee date (except that the skirt was so short I was worried for my modesty when bending to take photos of a bee buzzing about a crocus!)

No comments:

Post a Comment